On this International Beer Day, impress your friends and loved ones with your never-ending knowledge of all things beer.
To properly introduce you to the world of beer, here are some fascinating facts that will probably amaze you.
• The Czech Republic is the beer drinking capital of the world. Each Czech drinks an average of 40 gallons a year!
• Ancient Egyptians built the pyramids while consuming a healthy amount of beer. About four litres a day, to be exact. It probably helped with creativity.
• Ancient Babylonians took the seriousness of brewing to a whole new level. If a bad batch was made, the brewer was drowned in it. At least it didn’t go to waste.
• Vikings believed that a giant goat resided in Valhalla whose udders were filled with an unlimited supply of beer. Hmmmm!
• Beer does a body good! It contains a high level of silicon which increases the calcium deposits and minerals for healthy bone tissue. Blah!